Employment Experience/History: 5 years verifiable Project Management/Estimating experience specific to commercial roofing, waterproofing, and architectural metal preferred.
Software application experience:
- On-Screen-Take off
- Top View
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Professional, Microsoft Office Suite
- Attend job walk and prepare takeoff off by measuring, noting all variables of the Roof site. This may require multiple visits to the actual project site.
- Solid knowledge to analyze blueprints, specification interpretations, proposals, and other documentation to prepare material quotes, fabrication labor and construction labor requirement quotes, project pricing, bid abstracts. Prepare itemized lists and summaries
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors and/or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Consult with subcontractors, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Work with Sales, Project Managers, Purchasing, and Management as needed in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
- Organize and manage a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and processes of improvement.
- Complete Understanding of Manufacturer product warranties.
- Estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts
- Attend Pre-Con meetings, Bid/Pre-Qualification meetings.
- Ability to work from blueprints and drawing specifications.
- Maintain a positive rapport with General Contractors and Manufacturer Representatives.
- Production and Design experience in preparation of construction document and ability to develop design options to meet client project cost, government ordinance specifications , code compliance.
- Min 10 Years “verifiable” commercial roofing experience is preferred.
A minimum of two years as a superintendent is preferred but not required. We will train the right candidate!
-Must have a valid driver license and a clean driving record in order to be able to drive a company vehicle
-Must be able to pass a drug screening
-Preferred proficiency in Excel, Word, PDF programs, Plan swift (would be great), Microsoft outlook. We will train the right candidate.
-Salary position (50 hours a week is common, we are seeking highly motivated and driven individuals).
-Must be able to travel and stay out of town when needed
-Bi-lingual is a plus
-Must have excellent communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Compliant Employer
Job Type: Full-time