Commercial Roofing Service Sales / Estimator
Develop and implement a strategy for selling preventive roof maintenance, restoration coating systems, and new roof penetrations (TI jobs) on commercial/industrial buildings in the Phoenix metro area that ensures the attainment of company sales and profitability goals.
Provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Focus on key results in areas including exceptional customer development skills and establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with both new customers as well as our existing customer base.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as outlined above. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Fluent knowledge of a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet
· Knowledge of office administrative procedures and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
· Ability to write highly effective reports, proposals, and business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, and customers
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Willingness to travel and work with diverse client/customer base
· Attend job walks and prepare take-off off by measuring, and noting all variables of the roof site. This may require multiple visits to the actual project site.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have 5 years of verifiable estimating experience specific to commercial roofing (preferably with a focus on service and coating work).
All candidates considered for this position must be fluent in Microsoft Office suite of software.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their skills and will be tested.
· Solid knowledge to analyze blueprints, specification interpretations, proposals, and other documentation to prepare material quotes, fabrication labor and construction labor requirement quotes, project pricing, and bid abstracts. Prepare itemized lists and summaries.
· Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors and/or subcontractors, and determining cost-effectiveness.
· Consult with subcontractors, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Work with Sales, Project Managers, Purchasing, and Management as needed in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
· Organize and manage a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
· Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and processes of improvement.
· Complete understanding of manufacturer product warranties.
· Estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts.
· Attend pre-construction and bid/pre-qualification meetings.
· Ability to work from blueprints and drawing specifications.
· Maintain a positive rapport with property and facilities managers, general contractors, and manufacturer’s representatives.
Successful applicants must undergo a thorough background check which includes a drug screen, reference checks, public record information, including any record of criminal conduct, and motor vehicle records.
Competitive wages, use of company vehicle and cell phone, medical & dental Insurance options available, 401K, company-paid short-term disability, company-paid life Insurance, earned paid time off and opportunity for advancement.
***Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer***
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job please visit progressiveroofing.us.