The Project Manager is responsible for scheduling, completing paperwork, ongoing communication with all stakeholders, and owning projects from the award of contract through final completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create and deliver a complete project plan that will enable successful SQDCME (safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale, environment).
· Review all project information with estimators including contracts, budgets, job start and finish dates, job requirements, and submittals.
· Complete job set up including the submittal package, material purchase order, work order and manufacturers’ warranty to ensure a proper hand-off to the Superintendent and Foreman.
· Provide project estimates to the admin team for entry into the company’s accounting system.
· Schedule pre-job meetings, time out or “in progress meetings”, and close out meetings with all relevant parties involved with the project.
· Monitor all assigned projects to ensure compliance with all contractual obligations.
· Work closely with Superintendents and Foremen, ensuring they have everything they need to complete the job on time and within budget.
· Order materials, issue change orders, and update billing as required.
· Report on each project to the department head and ensure communication of true performance levels.
· Active participation in weekly department meetings.
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or extensive relevant work experience.
· Three years of experience working in a commercial roofing environment.
· Extensive knowledge of various commercial roofing systems, materials, and installation methods.
· Two or more years of experience directing large-scale commercial roofing projects including:
- interpreting roofing plans, specifications, and standards
- determining roof types and estimating materials, hours, and replacement costs
- evaluating roofing product acceptability and developing warranties
- creating and monitoring construction and contract documents
· Strong understanding of state and local building codes including Uniform Building Code, and electrical and plumbing codes.
· Solid working knowledge of construction site development; commercial construction, demolition, and remodeling procedures.
· Must be able to manage multiple jobs simultaneously.
· Ability to read, analyze, and comprehend drawings and specification documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and to compute rates and ratios.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and/or concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and will include the use of personal protective equipment.
· Ability to twist, reach, bend, stoop, and squat occasionally.
· Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet tall or scaffolding.
· Ability to keep or regain body balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
· Ability to work in a working environment that is loud and noisy.
· Knowledge of and ability to follow safety practices and procedures used in working on ladders and roofs.
Duties and responsibilities may be changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job please visit progressiveroofing.us.